Potiki Adventures provides full itineraries for International Groups visiting New Zealand to complete the Adventurous Journey and Residential sections of The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award.
Potiki Adventures host numerous groups of young people from the UK completing The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award here in New Zealand and can host groups of up to 60 people.
Your group itinerary may include:
- Airport Transfers
- Transport – mini buses with drivers or self drive
- Accommodation – backpacker hostels and Maori community marae
- Residential – based within a Maori community and staying as one group on a community marae. Inclusive of all meals, accommodation, activities and arrangement of your involvement in voluntary community initiatives.
- Practice and Qualifier Expeditions – Auckland and the Far North regions, including instructors to accompany the young people at all times
- Information and Maps – posted to you prior to your arrival in New Zealand to allow for your groups familiarisation and expedition planning
- Guided Tours – locations may include Rotorua, Waitomo, Taupo and the Bay of Islands. Activities at each location can be included or optional
- School Visit – be welcomed to a Maori High School in the Auckland or Far North regions to meet local young people completing the Duke of Edinburgh’s Hillary Award here in New Zealand. The young Maori people will share a cultural performance including the haka and poi and also share a meal with your group
Please contact us for an itinerary specific to your group size, time frame, award level and budget.